Parent Information Committee
SSHS PIC Mission and Priorities
Studies have shown that the most accurate predictor of a student's achievement in school is the extent to which that student's family is able to:
- Create a home environment that encourages learning
- Express high (but not unrealistic) expectations for their children's achievement and future careers
- Become involved in their children's education at school and in the community
We welcome your participation with the SSHS PIC!
Mission: The Steamboat Springs High Parent Information Committee (PIC) is a parent-led group that focuses on the following areas:
- Support the SSHS team - teachers, staff, students and parents
- Host community speakers about teen, family and community topics
- Inform SSHS parents about School District/School Board decisions and news, as well as, SSHS programs and committees
- Advocate for improvements at SSHS to help students achieve their goals
- Fund activities that enhance academic programming and extra-curricular activities, as well as, staff appreciation
Let's help SSHS clubs, classrooms and school projects by shopping at City Market!
Every year City Market's Community Rewards Program contributes to local non-profits based on the purchases of their rewards members.
SSHS can earn these dollars just by having our parents, teachers and staff register their City Market rewards card to SSHS. This does not charge anything to you, or affect your gas points, rewards, or coupons. City Market will contribute a percentage of purchases made to the SSHS PIC (Parent Information Committee), which in turn, funds clubs, teacher/classroom requests and school projects. If more families sighed up, just think what we could do for our school! To be part of the program, please, go to http://www.citymarket.com/account/communityrewards/enroll to enroll and designate SSHS PIC as your charity. You can have relatives that shop at a Kroger store anywhere in the country do the same. Thank you for your support of our school.
Stay in Touch!
We send reminder notices before each PIC meeting and then also send a summary of the PIC meeting, as well as, updates from the School Board, district and other groups.
PIC Meeting times and Topics
The Parent Information Committees are the third Wednesday of the month at 6:00pm at SSHS. These meetings are a great opportunity to get to know the principal and meet other parents. After the meeting, the PIC will send a summary of the meeting in our newsletter. If you do not get PIC correspondence, email SSHSpic@gmail.com and we will include you on the list.
PIC Funding Opportunities
The PIC gets its funding from the City Market Rewards Program. In the past, the PIC has provided funding for clubs, teacher projects, bike racks and microwaves, teacher dinners and gift cards. If a teacher or school organization would like to request funding, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and provide information on how the funding will be used and its impact on students.