During Registration students will have the opportunity to request courses for the coming year. Student requests during registration are what determine the courses and number of sections that are offered at the Steamboat Springs High School. Students, please take time to discuss your plan and course selections with your anchor teacher and parents to make the best choice for your four year plan. Registration paperwork will need to be discussed with and signed by parents during this time. Registration for the following academic year takes place in January and February of the current academic year.
REGISTRATION FOR 2018-2019
Registration for the 2018-2019 academic year will begin on January 26th. This year's Registration for Classes will be different than years past as the students will be using their 4 year Plan to make their requests for the coming year. Students have been working with their counselors since last fall in formulating their 4 year plan. Parents, if your students hasn't already shared with you their "Plan" please ask them to share it with you. The following are the dates for Registration:
CURRENT 8TH GRADE REGISTRATION INFORMATION - Feb. 6 - Feb. 12
Powerpoint presentation for Class of 2022 - Current 8th Grade students Steps to Completing your Course Registration for 2018-2019 Instructions for Infinite Campus Course planner Class of 2022 Signature page
CURRENT 11TH GRADE REGISTRATION INFORMATION - Jan. 26 - Feb. 1
CURRENT 9TH AND 10 GRADE REGISTRATION INFORMATION - Feb. 16 - March 6
DIPLOMAS WITH EMPHASIS
Students are encouraged to pursue a “Diploma with Emphasis”. This special recognition is awarded to students who have explored a particular passion or curriculum area in greater depth. Recognition of the “Diploma with Emphasis” will include notation on student records and in the graduation program. A “Diploma with Emphasis” will provide a student’s recognition of additional effort.
It is recommended that students contact a teacher in the curriculum area of interest early in their high school career, if they have a desire to pursue such recognition.
Students are required to:
1. Identify a member of the department in which you are pursuing a “Diploma with Emphasis” who will act as your sponsor.
2. Demonstrate excellence in the courses that they are required to take for the “Diploma with Emphasis”. This could involve a minimum grade expectation for the courses, or assessments or both.
3. Provide a “real life” teacher approved demonstration of your learning. This could be done in a variety of ways; examples would be a performance or exhibition, internship, exploration or other actual experience.
4. Turn in the “Diploma with Emphasis” forms to the high school registrar on the following dates.
a. “Intent to Complete” form – by the end of the second week of second semester of senior year
b. Completed “Diploma of Emphasis” form – by the end of the 3rd Friday in May
Department Specific Requirements:
1. *Turn in a Letter of Intent to your department sponsor of the “Diploma with Emphasis” by the end of the student’s junior year.
2. *Complete all department specific requirements as listed below for the specific “Diploma with Emphasis”.